Friday, November 30, 2012

Red Bean Soup

Red Bean Soup
 
If you ask me about typical Bosnian dishes, my list would definitely include read bean soup.
I could bet that average Bosnian family eat this soup at least once a week during the winter.
 
It's name can fool you, it may be a soup but in a same time it is a meal...eaten with cheese and bread , you don't want nothing else but that.
I remember , as a kid, I use to dive small bits of bread in the soup and I loved taste of soaked bread.
 
My mum doesn't use carrot and green leaves, but I though it would be nice to have them and I like this version.
 
Red Bean Soup

Red Bean Soup

2l water
3 cups soaked red beans
1 onion, finally chopped
4 cloves garlic
1/2 chorizo, cut into small peaces
1tbs salt
1/2 tbs red paprika
1tbs olive oil
2 carrots, cut into cubes
2tbs spelt flour (or what flour)
2 handful of green leaves (spinach, rocket, chard, mizuna)

Put water, beans, onion, garlic, chorizo, salt, paprika and olive oil in the big pan and cook on a medium-high heat for around 1 hour or until you see that beans are tender and cooked.
Take garlic cloves out.
Take some liquid from the soup and mix with flour, stir into the soup. Add green leaves and cook for more 10 minutes.

Tips: If you see , during the cooking, that there is not enough liquid in the soup feel free to add some water.

3 comments:

  1. A melhor sopa deste tipo que alguma vez provei foi na Croácia, na cidade de HUM, na região da Istria. O sabor dessa sopa forte, do cheiro a trufas e da paisagem verde florida de tirar o fôlego deixaram-me rendida. E esta tua receita agora trouxe-me isso tudo! Obrigada :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nisam jela ovo godinama, dobro si me podsjetila, izvrsno izgleda.

    ReplyDelete