Thursday, December 6, 2012

Simple Spelt Bread

Spelt Bread

Hello you, I am thinking about asking you something this morning.
Did you ever bake your own bread?

I was making bread this morning,it takes place of my daily routine, and I though about reasons I love to do that. It is such a satisfying and stress relieve process..feeling the dough between your fingers, kneading it over and over, seeing it grow, smell of fresh bread and taste of hot bread with butter...

If you never baked your bread (and doing it in a bread machines doesn't count) this is a great recipe for starters. It is really simple, you just can't fail with it, and it is really tasty.
Please let me know if you try to make it, I want to hear about your experience.

Spelt Bread

Simple Spelt Bread

250ml water
7g dried yeast
2ts sea salt
400g spelt flour (and some extra for sprinkling)
1tbs sugar

Put water in a large mixing bowl with the yeast and whisk until it has dissolved. Add salt, flour and sugar and mix into a soft dough. Knead well on a floured surface for a couple of minutes. You should have a firm dough. Sprinkle with flour, covert with a clean tea towel and leave to prove in a warm place for 1 hour, or until the dough has doubled in size.

Punch down the dough, sprinkle with flour and place on the prepared baking tray.Cower with the tea towel again and leave to prove in a warm place for 1 hour, or until the bread has doubled in size.

Preheat the oven to 240C. Dip a sharp knife in a cold water and make 1 diagonal cut on top of bread. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 min, or until golden brown.

 

14 comments:

  1. Ok, deal. I´ll try to make this bread tomorrow! Will let you know how it turns. (wish-me-luck!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice!! I am sure it will go smoothly, let me know!!!

      Delete
  2. Olá Sanda
    Vou fazer esta receita. Nunca fiz pão, só massa para pizza tipo pão. Esta farinha de espelta pode ser integral? É que eu tenho um moinho de cereais e compro a espelta bio em grão para moer, pois a farinha de espelta bio é muito cara. Se for espelta inteira muda alguma quantidade? Vivo em Portimão onde nem sempre é fácil conseguir ingredientes biológicos a um preço razoável
    Obrigada pelas receitas e inspiração, já fiz algumas.
    Dora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olá Dora,


      Eu sempre faço com mistura, nunca experimentei fazer só com integral. Se não tiver problema comer trigo (que não é o meu caso) pode misturar espelta integral com o trigo.

      Delete
  3. Many thanks! I loved the idea. If using rye flour to be the same amount? At home we love rye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure, I use to do it with spelt. You can try, just try to obtain firm dough (if it is not add more flour)

      Delete
  4. Sanda,
    como fazer na máquina não conta, vou repetir esta tua receita e esperar que fique pelo menos tão bonito como o teu :)
    posso usar fermento em saqueta ? ou tem que ser fermento de padeiro?
    obrigada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah, pois nao conta!! Sim, é fermento seco nao é de padeiro.

      Delete
  5. Volim mijesiti kruh, ima nešto posebno obuštajuće u uranjanju kruha u tijesto i mirisa svježe pečenog kruha.Sviđa mi se recept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Off late ( say about 6 month or so) I have been baking my own bread almost regularly and I love every bit of it! I am yet to experiment with different kind of flours. This looks so perfect!
    Love your photography. So glad to find your space :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many thanks! I will try and I give you the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Često mesim sama hleb i slažem se sa tobom da to nosi neko posebno osećanje.
    Imam i mašinu za pečenje hleba, i nju koristim isto, al ta dva hleba se ne mogu porediti...
    Iako sam uglavnom zadovoljna rezultatima mešenja, nikad još nisam dobila ovako lepu teksturu kao ti. Moram isprobati ovaj tvoj recept:)

    ReplyDelete