Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sunny Breakfast

Scones
During the week we don't have much time for our breakfast. We keep it quite simple (and fast), without imagination.
But weekends are completely different.

I am usually a one who get up first, and not long after my son is with me in the kitchen and we start our breakfast preparations, and last weekends we made scones..
When rest of my family get up, house already smell on freshly baked scones.

We take our time eating good food, planing our weekend and speaking about week behind us.
 I wish we could have breakfasts like that every day.

Scones

Spelt Scones
(adopted from Jamie Oliver 'Ministry of Food')

450g spelt flour, plus extra for dusting
2ts baking powder
120g soy margarine
salt
2 large eggs
5tbs rice milk, plus extra for brushing

Preheat the oven to 200C. Pulse the flour, baking powder and butter in a food processor just until the mixture starts to look like breadcrumbs. Transfer to a mixing bowl and make a well in the middle.
In another bowl, beat the eggs and milk with a fork.
Pour your beaten eggs and milk into the well in the flour mixture and stir well,adding a splash more milk if necessary until you have a soft dough.

Dust a clean work surface and rolling pin with flour. Roll out the dough until it's 2cm thick. Using 7cm round cutter cut out circles and place them on a non stick baking sheet. Dip a pastry brush into some milk and brush the top of each scone. Bake for 10-15 min, until risen and brow.

4 comments:

  1. Your breakfast looks delicious and I love the blue and white bits and pieces. Three cheers for sun, too.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love slow breakfasts and I agree with you, weekends is when I also unwind and treat myself with a hearty breakie. Scones, are in the weekend breakfast items for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divno izgledaju i da nam je barem svako jutro takvo.

    ReplyDelete